So we are officially in the chaos of summer! A team from the States just arrived yesterday and we’ll head out to the mountains on Sunday. We’ve still got a lot to do between now and then, and as such, I don’t really have time for a real blogpost, but I needed to write a shout-out to my new BFF: Saint Anthony.
I mean, okay, I know he’s sort of everybody’s BFF because he finds all our lost stuff, but this past month it’s like he’s been following me. It’s pretty much the best.
Not only have I not lost anything in this past month, but have found a ridiculous number of things.
A few examples:
- My glasses (like real glasses, as in really expensive prescription glasses) that I lost AT THE BEACH. (this is how it all started actually, with prayers from my parish priest back home).
- My favorite necklace that has been missing… since my first month in Honduras, so about 10 months now.
- A very important recipe for peanut butter cookies.
- haha, this was an excellent one, I found a stack of missing papers that the community needed below a picture of him.
- Annnnnd today we found a 3rd class relic of his. Whaaaaat.
Then a million other little things everyday.
- Did you know he’s the patron saint of miracles in general? Not just finding lost stuff? Like, St. Rita and St. Jude for impossible causes and St. Anthony for miracles.
- Also that he’s a doctor of the Church, specifically the Evangelical Doctor .
- And that his tongue is incorruptable. The rest of him, long decayed, but his tongue… yep, we still got it. He was known for his preaching. It’s fitting.
Happy Feast Day of St. Anthony everyone!